Friday, September 26, 2008

Photobucket

Backwards prayers. Like, "There's gonna come a time when you're gonna go with whoever's gonna get you the highest." And "Always remember not to trust me." Your prophecies said that this would happen. They foretold the end of the world and like the people who refused to listen, many are the drowned in the wake of reality. Mouths full of salt water compose choirs of lung blown singers assembled to leave behind messages that will never be heard or, worse, ignored. Left to float away, miles away and left in nets, ruining the catch of the day. I hope there isn't a heaven. when it's over, I just want to sleep and not think. That'd be my paradise. My feet are already getting stuck in the soft ocean's floor, the seaweed already has my throat. My lips are already moving and you'll never hear what they have to say. I never wanted to swim in the ocean, because I knew there were so many dead things below. And now I'm one of them.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: