Friday, November 07, 2008

Photobucket

I want to be religious without being religious. I want to feel something other than anger or ennui or poinelessness. I want life to be more than it is. Some people lose themselves in politics. Others in church. I find it at times in music. I find it at times when I can't stand up. But I have given up on everything and given up everything and I sit here in my wooden desk prison and can't wait for an imaginary 90 minutes to end when the truth is that I could get up and leave whenever the fuck I wanted. But I'll still sit here with my imaginary chains. I mean, let's face it, time isn't even real. We invented it. And we became slaves to it. We invented money. And became slaves to it. I assume we invented religion, too. We create our walls. I know I made mine. We make our prisons.

Photo - S
Words - S

No comments: