Friday, February 13, 2009

Photobucket

I dream of the day when I don't have a destination or anywhere to be. When I don't have to tell anyone where I am or when I'll finally be home, because I don't have a home. I will sleep wherever I lay my head and that will be enough. I will go days without talking to anyone and nights without seeing another face. I will walk through the deserted amusement parks of my dreams and hold my hands against rusting girders and dilapidated merry-go-rounds and giant swings high above the earth and only see the frolic of the past while I move forward, never needing anything other than this road, other than this drive that never ends. I will haunt the highways and byways, not here and not there. I'll live on corndogs and frozen Cokes and trucker speed, blasting the radio and leaning back. I can't wait to be done with this world.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: