Friday, July 02, 2010

Photobucket

When I was a kid, I would pray the rosary until I fell asleep. There are rules to the rosary that work well with an OCD kid. Plus, the rosary is crazy. You may see some jewelry, but the truth is, it's full of mystery.

Rosary comes from the Latin word rosarium, which means rose garden. It combines vocal and silent meditational prayer, consisting of repeated sequences of the Lord's Prayer followed by ten Hail Mary and a single praying of "Glory Be to the Father" and is sometimes accompanied by the Fatima Prayer. Each of these sequences is known as a decade. As you pray each decade, you meditate on one of the Mysteries of the Rosary, which are events in the lives of Jesus Christ and his mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary.

There are 15 mysteries, in 3 sets, joyful sorrowful and glorious. In 2002, Pope John Paul II announced 5 new optional mysteries, the luminous mysteries, bringing the total number of mysteries to 20.

Even now, when in the car, I sometimes pray the Rosary. I'm not sure if I believe in God or anything at all, but it makes me feel better sometimes to meditate and pray.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: