Monday, March 13, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket

The end of a party always makes me sad. The planning is over and all that remains is to still clear up. Sure, you’ll have plenty of potato chips and food as leftovers for days to come, but you won’t have the people that you invited. And worse, the people who you invited and for some reason, couldn’t make it. I have one friend, whom I consider one of my best friends, but every time you make plans with him, it’s kind of like you have to go through these elaborate hoops to have him attend your party. And then, he comes very late and leaves very early. It kind of makes me wonder why I even go to the trouble of inviting him. The entirety of his visit consists of him eating, talking on his cell, and text messaging. I find someone who text messages while I’m trying to talk to them to be ruder than someone who doesn’t show up or tell you they won’t show up to your party. Because at least then, there’s no physical evidence that they were there. It’s like, I showed up, but I have better people to talk to than you and I’m going to do it in nonlinear sentences and code while you put out all this spread and hoped people would have a good time. In truth, that sums up my friend: he’s always looking for a better party, a hotter girl, the next best thing. Maybe I settle. No, I don’t. I think, in truth, what I do is realize that there’s more to life than getting the next version of something. That certain things improve with age and use. Sadly, he’s too busy staring at the LED screen on his phone to notice.

Photo – N
Words – S

No comments: