Thursday, May 29, 2008

Photobucket

I may have used this picture before but I don't really give a shit.

The last post reminded me of something I wanted to wax on about, as I tend to do.

I think Between the Bars is the best song ever written. It's doomed love, as most love songs should be, but it's hopeful in the midst of its sadness. "Drink up with me now, and forget all about the pressure of days. Do what I say and I'll make you okay."

It makes me realized that life is sometimes better when viewed through a haze. When you don't forget that all it is is an armor for a few hours and you wake up and its still there, all of it. And it will always be there until one day it's not. I guess Elliot Smith goes in the heroes who were junkies that died category. I mean, he stabbed a post a note that said "I'm so sorry—love, Elliott. God forgive me." to his heart and died.

The songs are so devastating and I wish I could come up with a moral, but that's life. No morals and just some chemicals.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: