Friday, May 16, 2008

you can't buy a gun when you're crying

Photobucket


i went down to the river bank and screamed at the trains. i sobbed so hard that i couldn't tell my tears from the rain. i stood there so long i was soaked to the soul. my phone is full of loving texts and my email over flows with creative dreams. but there is not enough technology in the world to fill this hole. i stood there for a moment and contemplated hoping the train and riding it out of town. disappearing into the night. instead i came home and i sit here and pray for a sunny day. i pray to be able to hold on and not fall to pieces and float away. i beg that the wind doesn't gust too hard that you let go of my kite strings. for a moment i would be joyous with my freedom but eventually i would fall to the ground ragged, beaten, and tattered. i ask for the storm to roll on by and for the levies to hold.

Photo - N
Words - N

No comments: