Monday, March 24, 2008

Photobucket

Orson Welles said, "Tell it by the fireside or in a marketplace or in a movie, almost any story is almost certainly some kind of lie."

So should I tell you the story of the boy who sat in mortal fear that the sun would stop burning in 5 billion years. Long after he was dust and faded away into the wind.

Or would you rather hear the one about the man who ran away to somewhere no one even speaks words?

I have a million stories. Most of them are lies.

Perhaps I could regale you with the story of falling asleep at the wheel and driving off a bridge. Maybe you'll find a moral inside it.

I don't know. That one is kind of fuzzy, even for me.

Of all the stories that have happened in my life, I don't believe any of them. Everything that happens to me is an inherent mistruth. But it depends on who tells the story.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: