Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Photobucket

I say things when I really am thinking the exact opposite. I bend over backwards when I want someone to meet me halfway. See, I've never been honest with myself. So that's where the lies start. Because you say, everything is ok, so you can survive. You say it to yourself so much, you start saying it to other people. And before you know it, you'll deny burning sandwiches. The real truth? I don't want to be the prince of lies any more. I want to say exactly how I feel and not worry about how it makes people feel. Because the little white lies end up with me beating a dead horse so hard it comes alive again and I freak out and have to beat it to death again. It makes me hold people hostage. It makes everything eggshells. I just have to remind myself. Just speak your mind. Just say what you feel. Don't sugarcoat it.

Photo - S
Words - S

No comments: