Monday, August 04, 2008

Photobucket

Child's small fingers protected by glass from blistering claws
Climb up and escape, run, smash water and cage
Tap tap tap on your prison, tap tap tap

Tomorrow, you're gonna boil
and you ain't getting no last meal
Tomorrow, your shell will be in the trash, your meat will be in the sewers

Your eyes are beady and can't cry, or maybe they can
and the water holds it back from us to see
That screaming noise you make isn't your voice

It's just the boiling water cascading through your shell
and the melting of your insides
Why are you the only animal we cook alive?

I wish I could rip those rubber bands off your fists
I wish I could take a sledgehammer and smash your prison
I'd lead an occupation force into every grocery store

I saw dogs run down the turnpike and I knew I couldn't save them either
So there's no way I can help you
As it is, I barely and probably won't save myself

So I'll just place my hand up to the glass and say goodbye
If it makes you feel any better
You're gonna taste fucking delicious with butter sauce.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: