Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Photobucket

I'm gonna find a street I never walked down before. I'm gonna walk with my eyes shut. I do that a lot. I see how many steps that I can take before I hit something. Sometimes I put my hands in front of my face. Other times, I am content to just slam headfirst into walls. It doesn't really change my looks one way or the other. I do it because I'd like to open my eyes and not be me any more. Not recognize myself in the mirror. Not know who I am any more. Not see the lines and the age and the grey and the waste of time that I have made out of the past few years. I'd like to be fresh again. I'd like to not yell at myself when I see my face in the mirror. So every time I walk, I close my eyes, not caring if traffic finds me or not. And when I get to the other side, I'm still here.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: