Friday, August 29, 2008

I wrote this awhile back and I don't know if I will ever use it elsewhere, so I figure now would be the time to rewrite it a bit and at least use it somewhere.

Photobucket

Come dance with me in the light of the moon. The music of crickets will give way to the songs we hold inside our hearts. The sun won’t ever come up on this night, because we have no need for slumber. Moonbeams will be our copilots, my voice soft in your ears with promises fulfilled of neverending summer nights spent listening to songs that no one else knows, seeing things no one else wants to see. Take a seat in this big old car, rusty and beaten, but with brightly fresh painted fins. You can even drive if you want. We'll hold the California stars in the palms of our hands. I'll climb into the heavens and build you a paper moon. They’ll call us gypsies. They’ll call us bums. But we won’t even be able to hear them as we laugh and sing.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: