Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ellwood City stories #2

Photobucket

NOTE - My camera phone was all dirty. Yet the photo looks better as a result.

The Hazel Manor is the first place I ever sang in front of people. It had a railed off stage, like a porch inside a bar. It was nothing fancy. And I sang a bit of Twist of Cain by Danzig, with a band of my friends, and for awhile, I felt like I was a rock star. I was 16 and had a mullet, probably, and was chubby, definitely. I may have had some shots of whiskey, too. But when I held that mic and sang my little heart out, I felt like I could actually be attractive and people could feel the same. It took years for that to fully kick in, but you know, sometimes, you have to look back.

Hazel Manor. As the sign says, "Warmest beer and worst food in town."

Photo - S
Words - S

No comments: