Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Photobucket

Today is my dad's 70th birthday. I can think of no better picture of him than this. He's passed out and snuggling with my dog. He loves that dog. He wakes up early to walk him and he feeds him sandwiches by hand. My dad has so much love in him. It's intimidating being his son, because I fear that I will never live up to the example that he set for me. I've done my best. But he's reached more people than I could ever hope to and loved harder and better than I could ever dream of trying. He accepts me regardless of the fact that I am a complete fucking disaster. And he always laughs and smiles while taking care of everyone else. I wish I had all the money in the world so I could make his life easier. But then, he'd probably still play the nickel slots.

Photo - S
Words - S

No comments: