Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had a shop teacher once that called all of us "gentlemen" when he spoke.
He told us how hard the world was.
And would berate us at any occasion to tell us that we'd all fail.
As you learned how to use tools, you would also be regaled.
Stories of fingers lost and lives rent asunder.
Bad usage of tools and a lack of respect, gentlemen.

I was so afraid of him at first.
He spoke and I would shudder.
And every single time I picked up a tool there was this worry.
As I drilled or hammered or sawed.
Stories of fingers lost and lives rent asunder.
Bad feelings that I would join their number.

I grew up and the shop teacher retired.
He lives in a small house in a small town.
And I have been all over the world.
As you get older, you think of funny things from your youth.
Stories of fingers lost and lives rent asunder.
Bad times, yet you still grew up just fine, all ten fingers still attached.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: