Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Woke up from a good dream and there was a cat lying next to me.
He was wide awake, round head happy, eyes open.
"Go back to sleep," he said.
"You have a whole bunch of time to sleep. Not as much as me."
"Really?" I asked.
"Yes, I sleep 18 hours a day on a good day. But I don't have an office. Or have to worry about how people feel. It's a pretty good fucking life I got going here, pal. All I do is show up, you hug me, love me, feed me, take care of my poop, give me some water. In exchange, I show up, I purr, I kill a mouse every few years, I eat." The cat said, matter of fact, as cats do.
"That's probably the most normal relationship in the world," I replied.
"Yeah, you humans are a messed up bunch of people. I love you and all, but man. You should sleep more. And you should definately try sitting in front of a window. Then again, if you could lick your own asses, you probably wouldn't be so stressed all the time." He laughed at that last line, rolled over, and his eyes slowed closed as he went back to kitty dreamland.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: