Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Will Popeye die?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I saw Robert Altman's Popeye when I was a kid at the old Gee Bee Theater. The theater is still there, its a Wal-Mart now and no one remembers Gee Bee or its strange hippie faced woman logo. I was so worried about Popeye when his movie came out. For once, I felt like since Popeye was human, he was finally mortal. I remember looking into the hall mirror at my parent's house and looking at myself and realizing that I would die someday. And now, Popeye was going to die. I kept hinting and asking my father, "Would Popeye die?" And in the movie, well, Popeye wouldn't eat spinach. He hated it. I was sure that Popeye was going to be killed at any minute, so I watched through hands over my face, tentative, always sure that at any minute, the Sea Hag would kill Popeye. And then me. I've never watched this movie ever again.

Picture - N
Words - S

No comments: