Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am obsessed with Catholic belief. Not what you know today, but the miracles and the magic that it used to be. Like our Lady of Guadalupe.

Juan Diego walked from his village when Mary appeared to him,. She told him that an abbey should be built where he stood. Juan told his bishop, who did not believe. He went back to Mary, in the dead of winter, and she told him to gather flowers from the hill. Flowers that should not have been there in winter. He gathered Spanish roses in his jacket and took them to the bishop. As they fell, the image of the Virgin was left behind on his cloth.

I love Mexico. The Virgin appears 300 times a year there. Mexico City was built on boats. Big sections are falling, where buildings were built on these boats. And some days, people walk on their knees across parking lots and bleed, all to show their devotion. I want to do that. I want to believe like that. I want to pray until my hands hurt and my eyes cry and God touches my shoulder.

Photo – N
Words – S

No comments: