Monday, June 23, 2008

Photobucket

I've been thinking a lot about songs. Goodbye songs. Happy Trails. We'll Meet Again. I can't even listen to the version of that song on American IV. Keep smilin' through/
Just like you always do/Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away. I think goodbye songs are hard to write. God knows I've tried. I sit awake all night in bed, door closed, lights out, the fan illuminated by the shaft of light cutting through the curtains and I sit there and think and try and make the words rhyme. I'd hate to walk away without a goodbye song. But it'd have to be sad and funny and not angry. I'd have to be able to just fold into the dark and walk slow and steady and fade out. And instead, I stick around like a bad cold. I just gotta find the words to the song.

Photo - N
Words - S

No comments: