Thursday, June 05, 2008

Photobucket

The words matter. They mean more to me than anything. Words are my life. I owe everything I have to words. I am the words. I take each one given to me and shine it and make it sparkle. I take their nothing and make it into something for everyone to experience. I change the world with every keystroke. I write every day like I save the world because I do. I will save this world, god damn it. I will write words that will make children realize that this world can be something better than they told you. That they told you lies about the indians and the cults and that life shouldn't be weird. Life should be simple and easy, but it should be fucking weird. Life should be flying witch women and cats that wake you up by licking your face and children singing love songs in trees with spotlights and greasy spoons and the smiles of old people. This world is so much more. It's when an old couple still walks hand in hand. It's the time every person gets you the door and every green light you get. Did you know that in November, legally, I am free? I'll have the documents to show the world. But here, in the pixels and in your mind and in the first dreams of the most cool azure night, I will always have license to romp and dance and sing and put my fashion sense on the line. I always hit jackpots. I don't want the swings to stop running. I don't want them to move the candy store. But even if they do, I walked there. I lived there. I ate the flying saucers and the cherry cola sticks. I rode the bumper cars and hit a 3 on the last hole of the putt putt. I sat in blacklight and watched the monsters at play. And I will never let this world die again. I will not give up or give in or say fuck it. Because the world I want for everyone is right around the corner. It's not the end of the world, it's the paradigm shift. Open your third eye and your lower back chakra and turn up the cover versions of old songs that you know every word to. Let's fuck shit up. Let's make this reality our bitch. Let's let them know we lived.

Photo - S
Words - S

No comments: